Edita Food Industries - Invitation of Extraordinary General Meeting
The Board of Directors of Edita Food Industries ("the Company"), has the pleasure to invite you to attend the Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting of the Company set to convene on Sunday, 04 April, 2021 at 3:0 p.m. through the E-MAGLES system, where the shareholders would be able to remotely vote electronically on all items of the agenda, and to attend the meeting through video call, which is deemed valid attendance to the meeting. Shareholders shall register and complete all data through the following QR Code on the attached PDF.
To discuss the set forth agenda:
1. Approving the decrease of the issued capital of the Company through cancellation of treasury shares;
2. Approving of the amendment of articles (6) and (7) of the Articles of Associations of the Company in light of the capital decrease;
3. Approving the renewal of the company's duration for 25 years and the amendment of Article (5) of the Articles of Associations of the Company.
We draw the attention of the shareholders to the following:
· Each shareholder shall be entitled to attend the extraordinary general meeting in person or by proxy to another shareholder who is not a board member, by written proxy.
· No shareholder may represent more than 10% of the share capital of the company by proxy at the extraordinary general meeting, and not exceeding 20% of the shares represented at the meeting.
· Shareholders desiring to attend the extraordinary general meeting must submit a statement issued by a central custodian specifying that the shares have been frozen for purposes of attending the meeting and until its adjournment, at least three days prior to the meeting.
· The extraordinary general meeting shall be valid if attended by shareholders representing at least 50% of the issued and paid capital.
· Resolutions of the extraordinary general meeting shall be adopted by a majority of three quarter of the shares represented.
· Any inquiries relating to the agenda of the extraordinary general meeting shall be delivered in writing by registered mail or hand delivered at the company's headquarters at least three days prior to the extraordinary general meeting. All documents to be made available to shareholders in accordance with Article 228 of eth Executive Regulations of the Companies Law No. 159 of 1981 are available for review at the company's premises located at Shaikh Zayed City - Sixth of October - Plot No (13) - Central Pivot - Giza, during official working hours.
Please note that starting 2:30 on the scheduled date of the meeting, electronic voting on all items of the agenda of the extraordinary general assembly meeting will be open and all shareholders must follow the procedures prescribed in the system for the electronic registration and voting through the above QR Code.
The attached invitation in Arabic will be published in two daily newspapers.
Eng. Hani Berzi
Chairman and Managing Director